View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2019, 3:14 pm   #1
Shmason
Retired Dormant Member

Default GPO planset with external extensions

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for accepting me into your group! I kept coming across one of your old posts regarding someone wanting to get a planphone working and have the lights working for display only. I saw some very knowledgeable replies so I am appealing for some help!

My good friend has spent a large amount of time putting together a working Planset system complete with two 'external' extensions and original power supply and ringing converter. He has installed it for me over the weekend and it works a treat! The only issue I can see is that if the main phone is switched as 'extn to exch' the main phone does not ring. Similarly at either extension you can no longer make contact with the main in this condition as the main buzzer does not operate.

From doing a Google search I believe the buzzer should sound instead of the bell in the main when the exchange line is switched through and I find it hard to believe if the exchange is switched through to the extensions the extensions can no longer contact the main!

My plea to you all is what is the missing piece of the puzzle? Has my Dear friend missed something that can correct this condition?

Very many thanks to you all.

Best regards

Jason