View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 5:32 pm   #21
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Trying to fix a Uher Report Monitor 4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
Based upon your experience of C4 going short circuit in the your Z 124A, I thought it would be good PM (Preventative Maintenance) practice to replace my C4.

Of course while getting to it, 3 of those small solid core wires broke off at various places

Even before the wires broke, I could see a wiring difference to the schematic. The schematic shows the +ve output connecting to pin 2 of the 5 pin D type Bu 1.

In my Z 124A the +ve output connects to either pin 4 or 5 of the D type, this seems incorrect.

I was planning to wire up a cable to connect the Z 124A D type to the 4000 Accessory Input DIN for when not using the Z 124A in the battery compartment. So need to double check all the wiring now and get it correct.

David
Fitted new C4 (or maybe C1) 2,200uf 25V.

After unravelling the tight wiring and double checking all the connections, found that the +ve output does correctly connect to pin 2 of the DIN connector (i.e. C4 +ve connection). But one of the connections to -ve side of C4 connects back via a red wire to the little lamp on the PCB, this is totally different to the schematic. The schematic shows the lamp connecting to pin 4 of the DIN connector but pin 4 connects elsewhere on the PCB (without a difficult strip down to view the PCB components better, impossible to determine where exactly).

As this is how it is wired decided not to try and change anything. Have never seen the lamp light, I assume this is because it in on the charging circuit, rather than being a power on indicator. Re-assembled and fixed broken wires, a really tight fit making everything go back in correctly

Wired a DIN cable and tested it out on my 4000 all OK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200802_125730090.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	212478   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200802_140457673.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	212479