View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 12:22 pm   #1
percival007
Heptode

Default LEAK Troughline EM87/EM84

Hi All,

I am very close to finishing my refurbishment of a LEAK Troughline II I've had on my to do list for some time.

I have taken several Pictures (including one where I have labelled all of the Resistors, their positions and Value) and can post them if it would help anyone else.

Anyway, my question, now I've got the thing up and running and sounding wonderful, I cannot get the EM87 to work properly.

The Circuit says it should be an EM84 ( I have two of these also) but fitted to mine was an EM87.
When I switch the AFC OFF I only get a very weak glow from the Display and I cannot see any Bars closing or opening when on-tune and off-tune.

It is getting 6.3V AC Heater Volts.
I am getting on the Grid around 0V DC when off-tune which goes to -12V DC when on Tune.
I have 158V DC on Pin 6 however, where the circuit says 20V DC (I think, though it could be 30V, it's not very clear) on Pins 7 & 9, I have 148V DC.
It is the same with the EM84's.

R24 measured 1M before my work but there is a good 680K fitted now.

Any help would be appreciated as I can't think what's going on other than I have three failed Valves (?).

I have attached the circuit for my unit which is slightly different to the ones more readily available on-line but the EM87/4 part is identical.

Many thanks,

James.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TroughLine2_cct.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	212444