View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2018, 12:01 am   #5
angelapantus
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Help with Gecophone 67

Hi Russell, many thanks for your prompt reply. I hope the dial doesn't suffer any damage in the long term because of me stupidly using a fine sandpaper; just goes to show what a complete novice I am. I don't feel competent enough to risk removing the dial. I have now used a thin wooden spatula, wrapped kitchen roll round it and dipped it in rubbing alcohol which is isopropyl and rubbed back and forth between the connectors; Left to dry then did the same again using a few drops of clock oil. The dial is turning smoothly forward and back as it should. In fact better than it was before as it was just a tad slow. Thank you for the link to the gecophone diagrams. My model was there with instructions and diagram. There is a line cord in situ but wasn't wired correctly; I've now resolved that and replaced the handset cord. The instructions said to fit a 205 rectifier between T 5&6 green & red of handset cord, and a 3.3 resistor between L1 & E of bellset. I have also replaced the old mic with a 21a and the P1 with a P2 and 25 diapragm. The phone is now fully functional with clear incoming and outgoing speech. I just hope that the dial will be ok in the long term.
I can't thank you enough for your very helpful advice.
Best wishes and kindest regards
Angela