View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2018, 9:41 am   #8
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Tonbridge Audiojumble - October 7th

Peter [Reelguy] invited me to join the Bexhill contingent again [just the two of us]. Parking was unusually difficult on this occasion but by the time we sorted that out there wasn't long to wait for the 10-30 entrance at the lowest price level. Predictably, Peter got himself a nice Reel to Reel TR for which he has the missing heads. There was a chap selling a very good selection of Music/Audio books and I got a few including "Perfecting Sound For Ever-The Story of Recorded Music". The usual mixture of "High End" and more reasonably priced items overall, plus a Charity Sale of various bits of kit at £4 and then £3 at which point I took a chance on a NAD CD Deck that I shall attempt to resuscitate-probably with limited success.
I picked up a great HB copy of My Life In Broadcasting [Trevor Hill] very cheaply. The BVWS "Hub" had an interesting selection of equipment for sale and a gentleman on a nearby stall had some very early copies of the The Bulletin and Radiophile that I was happy to purchase. A pleasant trip out overall !

Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 8th Oct 2018 at 9:50 am.