View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2020, 9:42 am   #9
Helder Crespo
Hexode

Default Re: Bush TV22 "eau-de-nil" colour for rubber mask

Thank you all for your tips and advice.
Since I'll be painting the whole mask, doing colour matching on the spot is not feasible for me, as I don't have another mask to serve as guide. Also, and even though matt finishes can be quite forgiving, my painting skills are rather basic, so I'm really aiming at a single spray can solution. The can I already have is really high quality (1K acrylic), bar the colour difference. I've done a couple of tests on flexible substrates to check the paint's flexibility, and I believe it works very well (two thin coats). I don't think B&Q makes custom aerosols, but I may visit the nearest branch with my mask to find the best match and hopefully a standard reference that will enable me to order the ready to use can elsewhere. Duck egg green/blue does seem close on the screen, but so did British standard eau-de-nil, and since paint from different manufacturers can differ quite a lot (even if the paint name is the same), I believe I'll only use the paint general designation as a rough guide to find a more universal code/reference.
My plan is then to strip the mask of its original paint, which should result in a smooth surface, and respray it.
Helder