View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2021, 4:45 pm   #35
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: Help with some old TV tubes.

An update on this. The Aquadag arrived 4 or 5 days ago and I have just got around to trying it. I used a blade to first scrap off as much of the loose stuff as possible, thisshowed large areas where there were clear tracks all over the screen, so I went further and followed it up with water and a plastic scrub, finally with a wipe down with acetone getting back to the glass.

The neck, screen and anode areas masked off with tape I tried one of the bottles, gave it a rigorous shake and poured some out into a small jar to brush on. What a waste of money in my mind, it is extremely runny has no adhesion to the glass at all, it also had no smell and as I was expecting it to have some form of odour to it. So I suspect it is just a pure water suspension. I will leave what I have got on it for several days and may consider pouring out the other bottles into a larger jar and letting the water slowly evaporate and try again in a week or so time.

Perhaps it is me, I am expecting it to brush on like a paint after watching one of the Early Television Museum youtube videos?

Adrian