View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2017, 9:28 am   #55
ct92404
Pentode

Default Re: My first antique TV-Olympic Model 755-need help.

Ok, I tried to get some pictures. All I had handy was my cell phone camera. I took some pictures with the dvd on the title screen. It's an astronomy video.

The image on the tv kind of continuously ripples in both horizontal and vertical directions. It's also fuzzy, like there is a layer of static over it. That's why it seems to me like it's picking up interference from the sound. But I can still see the image and even some text is legible. I can see "Play Chapters" on the screen.

I'm attaching pictures, and the first few are of the tv when the image looks a little better. Since the image is continuously rippling a little up and down and left and right, the image looks blurry in the cell phone picture. The real tv image is a tiny bit better than the cell phone picture.

One weird thing is that there is a black bar going down the right side of the image. No matter how much I try to adjust the horizontal hold or horizontal frequency, I can't get rid of it. I have no idea what's causing it.

Then all of a sudden out of nowhere, the image will go nuts. It gets distorted and starts shaking horizontally. You can see this in the 4th picture I attached. If I leave the tv alone for a few seconds, it will "fix" itself and the image will stabilize again. But only temporarily.

The 5th picture is a screen shot I took from my computer with the DVD on the title screen, just so you can see what it's supposed to look like.

Any ideas what could be happening?

- Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv better image1.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	150833   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv better image2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	150834   Click image for larger version