Thread: Tv62
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2010, 1:25 pm   #117
oldticktock
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Tv62

Hi John, Yep photo's notes etc all good, believe me I have stripped down many a clock movement with many parts and experience has taught me to be methodical.

Whilst the main deck was out I could also see that the heat reflectant paper was in poor condition througout. I assume this is to stop the Bakelite from over heating and cracking from the high temp generated, this would need replacing so I thought at some point this has got to be taken down further so, removed the RF Deck, this was even more simple and out it popped and put to one side (I will refrain from touching John)

The screen also had lots of crud behind the glass so I thought oh well in for a penny in for a pound, lets have the CRT out. I did this ever so carefully mindful of not upsetting anything.

Once out, the heat paper what was left of it, was removed and replaced. The Rubber around the CRT removed and crud removed from between the glass plate & screen, cleaned and replaced. All put back together again.

I know some of you will think get it working before doing any of this, but I thought whilst it's partly disassembled I would make the most of the spare time before the caps turn up and the serious business end starts, at this point theres not a lot else I can do, itchy fingers and all that.

I have been extra extra cautious, mindful of all previous advice.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zi6_9475.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	34044   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zi6_9482.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	34045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zi6_9485.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	34046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zi6_9488.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	34047   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zi6_9494.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	34048  

Last edited by oldticktock; 4th Apr 2010 at 1:34 pm.