View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2018, 10:49 am   #18
unitaudio
Heptode

Default Re: No Speech Recognition

I was on a train a few months ago. I was sat on a row of seats facing another row. On these two rows of seats were sat seven other people besides me. I was the only one there without their head buried in their phone. When I'm on buses and trains I prefer to look out of the window at real life but it seems that's not interesting enough for most people now.

My mobile phone hasn't had credit on it since March last year. I email a lot but I also use the landline at least twice a day. My mobile never leaves the house any more and it doesn't even get switched on from one week to the next.

I'm typing this on my tablet. It's small enough to fit in the inside pocket of my big coat (albeit at the expense of the shape of the coat) but I never take it out with me. Emails and general internet mooching are things I do at home but it seems my ability to tear myself away from the internet for several hours isn't an ability shared by most of the population who appear to be hooked on the flickering colours, images and cheery jangly noises phones make...

I don't have a smart phone, my mobile must be at least ten years old. It can go online but it's so poor it's not worth bothering with! That suits me fine...

Regards,
Paul

Last edited by unitaudio; 3rd Aug 2018 at 10:50 am. Reason: Forgot to sign off, seemed rude!