View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2018, 10:25 am   #17
stitch1
Heptode

Default Re: No Speech Recognition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
Companies don't want people to phone them because it costs money to employ people to answer the phone. They'd much rather people did everything online, something which I prefer too.

I prefer to us on-line methods too and I'd rather IM, message or text rather than have a conversation sounds a bit sad but that's just me and I've worked in telecoms all my life

Call centre agents are now multi-channel they are fed SMS, social media feeds, web chat, email etc as well as voice calls and the queues can be prioritised. Voice calls can use more time and resource so they are de-prioritised by some call centres. Agents can handle several chats at the same time which is why there's often long pauses in the conversation.

A while ago my elderly parents were caught up in the floods and I needed to speak to the electric company urgently, not surprisingly the phones were jammed, on the web site they had a twitter feed which (even though I'm not a twit) I used to contact them, I got a reply straight away and they sorted it out for me and kept me updated.
emails are no use when you need an quick reply but they are still passed to agents with SLAs to respond.
The other advantage of these on-line methods is that you have a record of the conversation.

John