View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2017, 12:41 pm   #30
PsychMan
Octode

Default Re: Fridge compressor capacitors

Door seal is done, not an easy job cutting the mitre sections given the poor instructions, but I think its a decent enough improvement over the old one. It does bind a little on the hinge side, but after trying shims on the door hinges I found it was either a case of compromising the seal or it binding a little. I might try something like Vaseline here to ease wear on it. The door needs a little push to release the handle, I might play around with the door catch to try and improve this.

The cycle time is much improved and on a test with an empty fridge, once cool would cycle on for 9 mins, then off for 19 mins or so. Considering my thermostat readings might need a little tweaking, Im quite happy with this as previous tests it would run more often than not. I think having items in the fridge will also help it retain its cool.

The only issue left is the compressor mount on the left side continually works loose and rattles like mad. They sit on springs with this model. I had adjusted the nuts at the bottom on each side once level, and threadlocked them to stop them moving. But Its the clip at the top that rattles loose, it seems to screw onto the thread of the bolt, and if I tighten by hand it will run very quiet for a while, but then slacken off and the noise is back.

I don't have the best pictures at the moment, but I edited some from my phone if anyone is familiar with this fitting type. There is a rubber cap on top of the bolt above the said clip, which doesn't seem to be doing anything right now, perhaps this could have helped stop the clip rattling loose?

Im considering adjusting the clip and then gluing it in place, or wedging some rubber there to stop it moving, but would rather ask some opinions before trying anything permanent

The pictures aren't necessarily the side with the problem, just here to try and show what the mounts are like. I can take better ones if that's any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	146176   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	146177