View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2018, 9:14 am   #67
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Building the 'Minimod' AM modulator-questions!

Thanks for your comments Nick.

No - no pressure!

I hadn't wanted to appear to be whinging, just to say that while I can cope with making a small batch of say six boards, due to time constraints I can't offer an open-ended service to make PCBs. I appreciate that few have the facilities to make their own boards, so as far as I can, I try to be supportive, especially given that this rather nifty and deservedly popular little project was originally conceived and designed by a fellow forum member back in 2014.

In some respects, it's a little easier to make half a dozen boards than one-offs as I use sodium persulphate for the etchant - a clear liquid that turns pale blue in use, but which has the slight drawback that it needs to be heated in an etchant bath (AKA a cereal container!) to 45 C. I do that by using two aquarium heaters with their thermostats overridden. It therefore makes sense to etch a bath of boards at the same time. (No fish are harmed!). No short cuts with the drilling though.

As I said in my earlier post, I'll get on with making six boards, and will reserve two for you Nick. I'll PM you to sort out the details.

Hope that helps.