Thread: Lidl specials.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2018, 11:20 pm   #17
Oldcodger
Nonode

Default Re: Lidl specials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsherwin View Post
I bought one of the cheap Lidl soldering stations a couple of years ago when they were last in stock. It works well enough but the temperature regulation is very hit and miss and it's very cheaply made. I mostly still use my old Antex for everyday work, and a market stall 60W job when I need to get something really hot.
I'd be wary of a soldering station at this price for sensitive stuff on leakage grounds. Might be a good soldering station for valve work, hence my post. I also bought one of their thermal guns to trace poor window work by our local LA contracting cowboys.
Might be a useful tool for those who have cold spots in their bottom of the garden dens. It lets you set a reference on a known area, then select a deviation and give an alarm if the temperature falls outside this.
On the other side- how long before a lot of this stuff comes in at car boot style markets. I've got an ex Aldi paint sprayer ( great for fences & sheds) , from one of these places. Aldi price =£39.99, market price =£10.