View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2019, 11:55 am   #5
Beardyman
Hexode

Default Re: Oh dear! What have I done!

From what I've managed to glean from it so far it is wired for 240V. The transformer in the chassis is as I've run it up on a variac (all valves removed!) & the heater & HT voltages were as predicted. The motor has no mechanical governor I can see but does use 4 windings & its brushless so my thinking is that one of the capacitors is acting as a dropper & the other as a "run" capacitor. I can't find anything about the BTH YL series of turntables on the good 'ol interweb but that doesn't mean it's not out there somewhere. The turntable chassis has some information about it being able to run from 100-240V & 50Hz only. The motor has four terminals, two of which are, at the moment, bridged with a substantial piece of brass strip. There are some very similar looking I'll admit but the previous owner assures me it has been in the UK since it was made/imported & he had seen/heard it working when he was a lad. Anyway, it's going to be interesting if nothing else!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0293.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	188633