View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2018, 2:04 pm   #9
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: 1976 Toshiba Black Stripe TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordant View Post
It's from Canada. The picture tube is very good except it seems to have a very faint static like burn in if you look close. I'm not sure, but I think there from the factory like that.
Hi,

You just reminded me with that comment about a set that I have here, it's a Decca-colour TV in a rather nice shade of red! The tube fitted is a Blackstripe Tatung, and that has what looks like screen burn of static when you look close at it. it produces an excellent picture when on though! That set was rescued from someone's front garden back in 2006, after a good clean and dry out it worked perfectly first time, and continues to do so.

Your Toshiba set looks nice, I saw a similar one on eBay over here, I was tempted, but I haven't any room! (although that didn't stop me buying an Ekco RS3 radio a couple of weeks back..!) I've still got our old living room TV, a Toshiba 21" FST blackstripe from around 1987, still working, but looking like the frame stages could do with some attention now, as the picture is starting to loose height.

Regards,
Lloyd