View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2021, 7:04 am   #52
M3VUV51
Banned

Default Re: Tek 2215. Vertical Amplifier Issues.

Well theres good news and bad news on this one,after subbing the duff transistor,i was replacing the crt,i found the horiz deflection plates a pig to get to so decided to extend the wires so i could connect them before pussing the crt into its socket,i had the scope on its side to do this as it was better to solder the wires back into the pcb,i then put the scope normal way up and fitted the crt,ok time to test,on power on after a few seconds smoke came from under the crt,i quickly unplugged it from the mains and turned it over to look at the underside of the pcb where sat a small coil of soler wire that had shorted out the underside of the pcb,powered it up againe to see both traces now sitting about 3/4 up the screen,its the oposit of the original fault!,also it sees no input on either channel and the traces only do a horiz sweep of about 4 divisions,i will wait untill the replacement bfr -96s transistors arrive and fit them and test againe but i feel its not looking good, angry over making sutch a stupid mistake!! :palm: