Thread: The Cyclops
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2018, 5:24 pm   #3
Al (astral highway)
Dekatron

Default Re: The Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalekmoore2007 View Post
Had a problems for a few weeks on the head amp but ended up using Late Peter Yanczer's pmt camera preamp for the vidicon worked fine ,
a work in progress getting there .
Hey, I feel that you are doing absolutely technically amazing work and projects, and I do follow your links and think your Thylacine monitor is ingenious work - but...

there's something about your posts that doesn't quite invite people to get involved.

So, like in this case, you're announcing a circuit for a video pre-amp to fix a problem, only there's nothing to anchor that to - no-one knows there was a problem in the first place., or the significance of that problem to you.

Also, there are tighter and tighter circles on here that are purely interested in or versed in video circuits - I for example have no idea who Pete Lanczer was - and if you want to widen up the audience, it's worth stating the relevance of the problem in more general electronics or historic terms.

Could you maybe start something in Homebrew Projects, only put a nice, clear bit of narrative up there with it, so that a thread can develop and keep going?

Even on a technical forum like this, people usually respond more to the personal story that is about the person doing the fixing, than the object behind the person.
So what challenges there are or have been to overcome, what frustrations arise, what inventiveness, ingenuity, patience, etc are displayed in the process - all these things are what get our interest going more than about the thing itself, however amazing it is.

That's just my sense of how most people respond and I think your work deserves to have more response!