View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2019, 12:23 pm   #47
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Oh for a time machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalee20 View Post
I'd get a dozen reels of leaded solder, and take to 2080!
You'd likely get incarcerated, charged with possessing a weapon of mass destruction, if we extrapolate the current growth of elf-n-safety.

I expect that people in the future would be most interested in items which showed how we lived, though their expectations might be somewhat steered by the film industry. The things which were not valued, just dumped would have rarity value. Look in current museums showing what the sixties were like. A few Beatles and Stones LP sleeves, they'll have survived, but try finding an Omo soap powder box to put in the kitchen area of the museum house.

Look at people restoring 19 set or 1154/1155 installations. The sets can be found easy enough, but it's the connectors, cables and fiddly little switch boxes that are the devil to find. The reason is the radios were valued, but the buyers were interested in getting on the air, they didn't want throat mikes, DF antennae and footly accessories. That stuff got dumped.

It'll be the same in the future. High worth items will have been kept. Crap, trivia and fripperies will have vanished.

David