Thread: Kennedy 9610
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2022, 2:36 pm   #5
SunSPARC
Pentode

Default Re: Kennedy 9610

I used to work for a large famous imaging company with a yellow and red logo.

In the early 90's I worked primarily in the professional digital imaging arena and was involved with various systems that used 9 Track tape to transfer still images between various systems and sites. Transferring image files was far more common by tape that networking at that time - 8mm Exabyte was also fairly standard.

Film processors would (drum) scan the film to tape, then send it to a digital retouching house who would then send off the retouched image to someone with a digital image writer, often writing it back to film! So there were couriers flying around central London, and other cities, moving tapes back and forth all day long. Sometimes, a single agency would have all the kit on one site, but they still tended to moved the images between scanner, retouching system and output device by tape until systems and networking options became faster and more compatible.

I think what you probably have there is a tape containing a 7206 x 2529 pixel image of a Diver and the instruction is to ensure that the retouching or finished print output portrays the Diver as nicely blue.