View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2018, 12:00 pm   #5
Lloyd 1985
Nonode

Default Re: Testing a Mazda CRM-121 CRT with a Megger!

It's been a while, but just as an update, I got round to digging out an Ekco T161 and having a play with it, and whilst I was at it, I bunged this old CRM-121 in to see how it fared. Unfortunately at the time I had made a boo boo in the RF/IF stages, connected a cap wrong! so the picture was washed out and struggling for sync, but none the less, here's the results!

This CRT isn't staying in the Ekco, it's a bit under-rated for it, as the EHT when the sets working will be around 9-10KV, and the poor CRM-121 can only handle up to 7KV. The set was producing around 8KV when I had the tube fitted, and there was a bit of hissing and crackling going on around the neck. Needless to say, I think this tube's going to be a good one! No problems with the picture going negative at high brightness, or issues with focus.

The Ekco uses a CRM-121B, which is rated for 10KV, and I also have a Murphy V180C, which has a CRM-121B fitted, which is a good tube, and I have swapped it into the Ekco, as the one in the Ekco was rather flat. The CRM-121 that is the subject of this thread will end up in the Murphy, since the EHT for that is only 7.5KV, according to the manual. Then I will get back to the Murphy and see if I can get it going properly!

Regards,
Lloyd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5977.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	171172