View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2021, 4:57 pm   #200
retromit
Pentode

Default Re: Commodore PET 2001 voltage regulators

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusHardware View Post
More conventionally, I wonder if Tim has any kind of storage for the machine, like a datasette cassette unit. If not, I understand there are Arduino-based units which aim to emulate such things and there's also the 'SD2Pet' SD card interface but the latter requires a working IEEE interface.

ScottishColin was considering one or other of these a while back but had to put it on the back burner at the time due to the expense involved in fixing the machine itself - not sure if he went ahead with something like that in the end, as he did have a working cassette unit for his.
When I bought the PET it did come with a datasette and a selection of tapes. I've added a few pictures to show these (as well as a couple of books). There were also a number of other tapes, but these don't have labels, etc., so not sure what could be on them.

I haven't had a chance to go through any of these due to the issues faced. So I'm hoping to get something tested to see if any of the tapes load. I'm also thinking to put the BASIC toolkit back into UD5 as well to make sure it works in the PET - with the leg being repaired I'm hoping it would be okay, but would it be better (safer) to potentially burn a new EPROM for this?

Now that it seems to be functioning, it will be good to get some further tests carried out.

With you mentioning the SD solutions, I have seen one advertised from The Future was 8 bit. Has anyone any experience of the SD2PET?

Tim.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1058.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	244133   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	244134   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1061.jpg