View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2019, 9:55 pm   #75
Pinörkel
Pentode

Default Re: Telequipment D75 scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorBikeLes View Post
... since 'scopes are only an occasional hobby thing now, I can't really justify unless some land on me cheaply.
Sadly so true. Of course I could buy expensive test equipment like a R&S scope, an HP spectrum analyzer and the like but unfortunately that would be like throwing pearls before swine. I am not nearly adept enough to make full use of equipment like this, nor do I have the time to use it frequently enough to justify its purchase. It would mostly sit in its box, only for a fraction of its functions to be used every now and then. I don't even have something I could call an electronics bench aside from occasionally transforming the table in my living room into one. However, repairing stuff like this D75 always puts a smile in my face, especially when I learned something interesting about old equipment or when I can celebrate one of those small victories against the planned obsolescence.

So, buying a PG506 for 500€ to 1500€ only for repairing one scope seems unfortunately like a tinzy winzy bit of overkill.