View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2019, 1:05 pm   #9
ChristianFletcher
Heptode

Default Re: Output transformer - when needs must

Many thanks for the replies. Brilliant ideas and much food for thought. I really just wanted to pull in some ideas before getting started. The anode current is stated as 4mA in the radio service data for the 1937 TRF melody maker. Great idea about removing some windings on the secondary that could be an interesting experiment as I have some output transformers here in a poor state that wouldn’t be much of a loss.

I think I will have ago with a new transformer I bought from RS components it had is multitapped designed for valve amps and has a tapping for 15kohm to 4ohm. Really nice that RS are now stocking transformers again

Just a final question does the dc resistance of the primary winding affect the anode current. The set is biased using a interstage transformer and a -bias from a battery?

Many thanks for all the brilliant comments and idea. Just nice to talk these modifications through with someone first.

Regards Chris