View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2017, 11:37 am   #20
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Re: Radiophile Auction - The future

Sorry if I implied you had - that wasn't my intention. Just a point that telephone calls do add to the delay.

And as for running a business - I agree. The problem is that Chas looks at it much more like a club, or perhaps as a service to like-minded people. If it was a business, then frankly I don't think it's viable, at least unless Chas gets enough help with the day-to-day running of it to concentrate on increasing profitability. (Though in fairness, I'm not sure Chas really wants a conventional business).

Whilst figure are obviously confidential, I do know the printing and postage costs are very close to the income received - far closer than any conventional business would accept.

Frankly, Chas could certainly earn a lot more if he closed the magazine down and did something else. He won't do that, of course, but I do think he needs a bit of encouragement from time to time, rather than the (possibly justified) criticisms that he seems to be getting of late. (And that isn't a dig at any particular person!)