View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2012, 9:23 pm   #14
tubesrule
Hexode

Default Re: Auroras at Crowthorne Tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
This is good news for UK customers. Presumably this is also good for the whole of the EU unless you have made any other arrangements.

Darryl, could you put the relevant info on your website.
No other arrangements have been made for the EU, so Gerry is the guy for them as well. I'm not sure how easy it is to send from the UK to the EU, but it has to be easier and lower cost than for me to send directly to the EU.

Links have been added to my website alerting UK and EU customers. Hopefully this makes it easier and cheaper for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppppenguin View Post
There has been one Aurora reported as dead which turned out to be user error. The user will not be named in order to protect the guilty party even though he doesn't deserve it I also have dim memories of somebody else talking to me a few years ago about a faulty unit. Can't remember who it was and they haven't followed it up so I'm guessing that turned out not to be a real fault.

That F connector fault was astounding. About as unlikely a fault as you could imagine.
I remember the one a few years ago that had a reported problem but was never returned so I'm not sure what the status of that one became.

The intermittent F connector was an amazing fault. The owner took it upon himself to diagnose the problem and did a fantastic job disassembling the connector and photographing the metal sliver. A tiny curl of metal that would periodically touch the center conductor!

Darryl