View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2017, 12:25 pm   #1
chriswood1900
Octode

Default Video for standards conversion.

I’m editing some videos for use with a media player and an Aurora and I’m wondering what others use and at what settings. I have started playing around with the free Movie maker which comes with Windows 7 . For example I want to produce testcard C with background music and have got a reasonable resolution JPEG copy at 768W by 576H at 24bit, I have included this as the image and added music to produce a 30 min video, so far so good.
Now it comes to selecting the options to save it, so obviously in a format that the media player supports such as MP4 or MP2 and then I have selected to save in the same video format as the image 768x576 at 50FPS (should it be 25?). I am working on the principle that you want to start as close to the signal you want to send to the TV ie 625 lines or to a format for the Aurora again 625 lines. Question is my logic sensible or is there a better way of tackling this. I am aware I can just play music into the testcard in the Aurora but I was looking to have images that are easy to use and can supply both 625 and 405 lines tv simultaneously using one of the many lo-cost USB players out there.
You suggestions or advice please would be most welcome.
Chris