View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2015, 11:29 pm   #47
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Restore a Beau Decca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Huggins View Post
Yes, the Garrard RC80 does have a 3 point suspended chassis (deck plate).
The Garrard RC80 has a 4 point mounting and not a 3 point.

The chances are that your cabinet may take an RC80 as a virtual drop-in.

Your cabinet may still have the 4 sprung mounts left over from the original deck.

If you don’t have the original Garrard type sprung mounting wells fitted, then you need to make sure that any deck you buy comes complete with ALL its mounting springs and fitments, as it’ll be absolutely no use whatsoever without them. Deck plunderers tend to pull these decks out by removing the nuts from below and leaving the springs in place rather than removing them afterwards and re-fitting them back onto the deck. If it comes without its springs you’ll not be able to find any, as they’re super rare! Also, Garrard changed the sprung devices slightly during production, particularly with the ‘M’ version.

My personal opinion is that I think you’ve got quite a task on with this project, as I get the impression that you don’t really have a high enough level of technical skill to be able to do all the necessary work to make it all come together – but I could be wrong, and this is only a personal observation.