View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2019, 10:24 pm   #1
nigelr2000
Heptode

Default Sanyo 5000 Chuffed

After reading thing on here I idly did a search for Sanyo 5000 as I did a lot of repairs to them in the day and was amazed what they can fetch now. I then spotted one for £22.95 including post listed as untested with non UK plug. A quick look at the pictures revealed a 2 pin extension plug like you used to get on mowers so I took a chance and bought it.
Once it got here I stripped it and replaced the Idler drive belt just to try then cleaned the heads checked the reels were free to turn and loaded up without a tape in and to my amazement it all worked so in with a test test.
I got pictures and sound though with lots of comets. After a short while they cleared and it looked quite passable so I pulled it apart again, replaced the idler tyre and lubed up the reels and pinch roller and changed the loading belt.
The only other issue was that 3 of the buttons were missing from the clock set area, I fired up the 3D software and made up a prototype which nearly fitted, changed a couple of dimensions and printed 3 up and they fit and work.
I might have to buy more of them now!! it was fun working on one again.
Pic is a recording made tonight on it, pretty passable for it's age. The other one is replacement buttons.

I have one issue left to cure, if you use reverse search it runs ok for a short while but leaves a crease in the tape which shows on the picture when you go forward again. Anyone know what to look for here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sanyo1.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	179824   Click image for larger version

Name:	sanyo2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	179825