View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2019, 1:36 pm   #12
snowman_al
Octode

Default Re: Cartridge options for Dual CS503-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techman View Post
I had a quick look at these and if I'm looking at the right ones they're described as something like "dynamic magnetic needle stylus", no mention of a complete cartridge, although this is probably just a breakdown in language/translation as the picture shows the complete unit. I think it describes it as being made of metal and plastic, there's no mention that I could see of diamond or sapphire stylus tip in any of the descriptions. Yours, or any other members opinions on these particular 'cartridges' would be most welcome, as on the face of it they seem to be very good value.
Yes that's 'Chinglish', they are the complete cartridge and stylus assembly with mounting bolts. I've now had 2, from China, for friends with damaged or faulty units. (Both delivered in less than 10 days too.) Spec is the same as AT91, 0.6 mill conical diamond stylus on carbon fibre cantilever. And they track at 2.5 gms no problem.
There are UK suppliers offering the same units with a proper description at slightly more money if you search...

There are plenty of 'reviews and comparisons' on the net, I guess it depends if you like the AT family stuff or need to buy at a price point in the end. But for a cheap (little risk) replacement ...