Thread: Sony FH-7
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2007, 3:01 pm   #11
Studio263
Octode

Default Re: Sony FH-7

Here's the FH-10 with PS-Q3A turntable (see picture). It's about the same size as the FH-7 (a little taller, same width) though they struggled to get the double cassette deck in, it only just fits in the space. note the tape transport controls on the doors, there was no other space!

I've had this one for a little longer and it has a stroy of it's own. again the cassette section was troublesome. Even though it looks like it could be one of those horrid "one motor for both" mechanisms in fact each deck is seperate and has two motors each. For some strange reason the capstan motors run all the time the system is on (even when just listening to the radio) so the brushes had worn right through the commutators! As they are double-speed decks the replacement motors were tricky to source (in the end some minor circuit modifications were needed to accomodate what I could find). There is a "cassette in" switch in each deck which disables the keys when there is no tape, so I wired this through a double pole miniature relay so it switches the motor off too (one per deck).

The turntable shown is the PS-Q3A, which is the basic one with belt drive and no headphone socket. compare this with the PS-Q7 shown with the FH-7 system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	3795
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	12217