View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 9:06 am   #10
Argus25
No Longer a Member

Default Re: Homebrew Analogue Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen O View Post
Pardon me for barging in but I couldn't help posting this photo of an 'analogue computer' I built a while ago. It's really a supported prototyping system with meters, knobs, buttons, etc. It is set up for a lunar lander simulation. The three meters display height, speed and remaining fuel. I succeed in landing it about half the time so I think I've got the difficulty level about right. I can post the circuit for this if anybody's interested.
That really is terrific, you seem to have a knack of doing really outstanding work.

Many years ago I was having an argument, banter really, about the notion of how best to differentiate an electronic signal. A friend suggested that by far the better way to do it was by digitally sampling the waveform and doing it with a software protocol. His argument was that fundamentally all analog differentiators were flawed, because the better they were at their task, the more noise susceptible they became, which in theory is true.
Unless you are smart enough to make the differentiator out of an integrator. See the attached image, wireless world, 1978.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hfdif.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	190617