View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2019, 4:31 pm   #10
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Re: Solid State Vibrators -v- Inverters ?

Thanks for the replies. I think that if my requirement was more demanding, and if efficiency was more important, looking at a "real inverter" design would be worthwhile, but in a situation where the application is so basic, and my two SSV boards have been sat collecting dust for some years, I'm going to press on with one of those, at least for the time being.

I obtained two SSV versions from the Australian guy; a small one using a SQ4942 and a larger one with a pair of BUK7608 MOSFET's. They're both built very neatly with SMD components on compact PCB's. Even the smaller one meets this particular need quite easily. I'm building a copy of the the American "Megacycle Meter" GDO, using an Acorn valve, (deemed by concensus in a previous thread on the Forum to be a particularly good (the best?) GDO), and rather than put in a mains transformer, a small SLA and SSV-psu will enable it to go outside for tuning aerials, if needed.

B