View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2004, 10:27 am   #15
murphymad
Heptode

Default Re: Standards Converter/modulator info wanted

Hi Dennis, All,

Well I have replied to your request for a pattern generator but I think you will be very disappointed with just watching a couple of black bars down the screen and a buzzing tone from the speaker of a nice 405 line TV.
And Hay, how much will it cost you to restore/repair the pattern generator? Time? and that's after buying one.

Don't waste any more of your time on this and get a well made guaranteed to work first time, fully built unit that is not subject to still needing to find/build a modulator and a case and a power supply (on top of your £200 purchase price), import tax (if bought from outside the UK, customs charges and VAT, post office handling... will be added before you can get your hands on it). Need I go on as importing alone will add the best part of 100 quid to the total cost.
Get a Domino!
Look back at your Bank statements and see what you 'still have' for the last 400 quid you spent. (This is a statement and not a question)

I was told this week that the Domino will cease to be available when the current component stock is exhausted. The reason being, that if you could supposedly get one from elswhere for around £200, why should they continue. So anyone wanting one had better be quick about it as I do not know of ANY other source of a fully built and tested unit ready to go and available now!

I have made my feelings known to the maker, about ceasing the production of the Domino.
I have explained that I think this is a mistake, but unless there is support for continuing, it looks like it will become extinct. Just like the Dinosaur!
Mike...