View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2023, 5:07 am   #20
hellozero
Diode

Default Re: Hands Electronics Kits. Documentation.

Hi - Sheldon was a very kind and understanding Gent and sorely missed. In the 1990's I posed a question on designing an ultra simple HF transceiver which had minimal controls - no on/off switch which even with a fuddled and mitted hand could survive and proposer at temps (storage) in the mid -60C's and be operable at - 40C or lower - we spent literally hours nay days on the phone and with expansive testing came up with a directive of the RTX TRX IF2 that could produce a safe 10W PEP on bespoke HF channels - with his help and builds' we deployed on a number of North/South Pole expeditions, which some were successful in their primary goal or not. Im grateful to the number of people who have posted schematics given I have lost of lot of mine in over 12 house moves over the period. Im likely putting one of the transceivers which I still have from those heady days into museums and want to have all the schematics - I have all of them now except a 4 TXCO (Varactor) 4 "channel" board using a 2N2222a and wonder if anyone has one still in the coffers - I dont know how many or if in fact the board design was a one off but heres hoping - In my case the crystal freq is +9MHz above wanted - it has a simple port for amplitude and small Blue C for trimming the crystal ; the choice of cut was very important given the temperature ranging as you can imaging - any info appreciated - again, thanks to Sheldon and his family - great products...
hellozero is offline   Reply With Quote