View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2017, 10:51 pm   #1
sheriff076
Triode

Default Microwave Modules MML 144/30LS

Hello,

I've picked up the above 2m amplifier from Hornsea radio rally this afternoon, with a view to use this with an FT-817 radio (clearly, 2m band only on transmit).

I was hoping to get some help, given I can't ask the manufacturer, anything would be welcomed. I've found a manual online which gives basic instructions to connect it all together and its from a time where dual band rigs were largely un-heard of.

So thats the background out of the way, here are my questions and I'm assuming it works (not tested at this moment, job for later in the week).

Would any harm come to such an amplifier if the bypass switch was enabled and I was operating on the 70cm band. (currently I use my FT-817 with a dual band white stick on the roof). Does the bypass give a truly straight through operation, or does it use some of the circuitry (which would be damaged from 70cm operation)

Would the pre-amp function work on the 70cm receive side, or is there band pass filtering to only pre-amp 2m band?

This amplifier has an Off, FM and SSB selection switch, can I use CW mode with the amp on say SSB? are there any issues to look out for?

I don't know anyone with such an amp, hence hoping someone on hear might be able to help me understand any 'watch outs'

Regards,

Steve G7TAO