Thread: Grundig tk 24
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2021, 5:31 pm   #20
reartech
Triode

Default Re: Grundig tk 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
Krishna, OK things are a little clearer thank you. So machine dead on arrival in terms of sound, with damaged wires/burnt out resistors around the EF 86. I assume you replaced the resistors, what resistors were they ? Not that common to get burnt out resistors.

I am still unclear about the Bluetooth, for me it is just confusing the issue, i.e. are you injecting a signal or monitoring a signal via Bluetooth ? or maybe both.

Also still not clear if you have tried a known good recording on tape on playback and also whether you have tried to record onto a tape and play it back.

You say "Bt to radio/phono input input it working fine", do you mean you got normal good volume at the TK 24 loudspeaker, were you set up for Record mode then ?

As Chris has already said need to go back to basics first:-

1. Check HT voltages (Note -schematic values are in Record mode, Playback mode results may be a bit lower).

2. Check valve electrode voltages, including the 3 control grids at the ECC81 and output EL 95.

3. Do PB head finger hum test in PB mode.

4. Try playback of a known good tape and playback of a new recording, note the results.

Do you have an oscilloscope ?

David
Thank You Very much Sir I follow your Instructions as said once again and Come Back You with necessary Information
As for as Blue Tooth is concerned I used it for injecting a signal through audio input /Radio socket for to check Audio amplifier ;where as if same BT wire connected to head Terminals in Playback Mode audio become too low I applied this logic to find out the Head issue I dont have other head to check there fore when Phono switch is pressed full volume(BT) if change over to playback mode droped volume ;as per my view the audio should be more than Phono connection this is the issue once again thank you for valuable knowledge sharing with respect to vintage electronics technology.
Regards
Krishna