View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2019, 9:41 pm   #9
Luxman1050
Octode

Default Re: Philips 170A restoration

Thanks for info Jerry.
Yeah it works fine I'm just one of those people that like to fiddle to be honest.
The case is in mint condition I'll post a picture of that plus still has original back cover with the Ali plate aswell as the Ali sheet on base of case. Speaker still has original cotton cover and sound is well for a radio speaker exceptionally good and the front cloth is in mint condition.
The bulb holders I don't think are original and as you can see from the pictures the mains input has been modified and grounded. Hence the tap has been removed and the on/off volume connected straight to the transformer. All the wiring done is correct I got it from a guy who just had it on display and used now and again and he got it from some old guy who cherished it and made the modifications.
Obviously all original wiring has perished but even so it still run perfectly. But of course has all been renewed using 600v 22awg lapp kabel wire.

Not sure if it's worth reverting the mains input back to it's original state. Although as a fiddler it did cross my mind ha.

I'll sit on that one for now. I'll fire her up tomorrow now all wiring is done I replaced a few caps and some of the resistors where out of spec.

I just hope that tuning cap I moved has not messed it up.

Cheers Chris