Thread: Aspect ratio
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2019, 12:39 am   #38
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Aspect ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave walsh View Post
Good point Rambo. Going back to the perfectionist theme, I recall the days when BBC News would be offered 8mm or better film footage of major incidents but refused to use it. The reason that emerged seemed to be that it didn't match their specific professional quality standard. To my recollection, it was only when CH4 began using the new generation of Sony Semi Pro and Lightweight Video [3 chip?] Video Cameras, for Documentary or News coverage that attitudes changed. "Content not process" as I said.

Thanks Sirius I think I'm a bit better "orientated" now. From time to time there are certain things I just don't get somehow! I remember that Brian Eno once had an artwork [a video of a New York Skyscraper] displayed by standing the WS Monitor on it's end!

My Blade Runner comment was meant to suggest that what can't be done [now] may [increasingly] be possible in the future!

Dave W
The late David Frost would have agreed with you about content/process. I can remember him complaining about not being able to show poor quality footage in the mid '60s