View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2019, 5:32 pm   #8
Sanbeta
Hexode

Default Re: Sanyo VTC5000 problems when cold only

It could also be the brush and contacts in the reel motor are getting low or even have a bit of debris zapping the power a bit. You can open these up to check but it is tricky if you've never attempted this.
The reel torque upgrade is worth it but if the right spool spins enough to pull all the tape in it shouldn't be needed there is a reel torque upgrade too. This has nothing to do with R49 and D6 (if this diode has a green direction print then it will need the upgrade ,if not then it's been done and will be a black print) but helps to over come low reel torque during play.
Also the spool edges the rubber idler contacts get very slippery after time and I recommend refreshing both of these with a suitable needle only. You will feel the difference when sliding your finger over the refreshed part and the shiny area and, like a cars clutch, the tyre will slip if not done.
The AV56 is perfect for these and I use them all the time. The AV60 is perfect for the 'M' and 'NX' series loading ring belt's. The AV63 being the perfect loading ring part for the 5000/5150 and 6500.

As for idler tyres. If they are not cracked or hard then you can refresh them with 120 grit all over. This makes them like new. If they are going hard or even have cracks ,then they will need replacing. This seems more common on the VTC NX100 as I've seen a few that are rock solid .Usually from a heavy smoking household too, which seems to speed this event up.
Also if you ever get a tiny piece of tape scrunched under the flap on eject on the top loaders, the reel brakes and slider need removing and cleaning of oil (which many put everywhere and slow down this braking action) and also lightly refresh the rubber brakes like the idler tyres. Make sure too the metal areas are not bent out of shape. Yes I've seen it all.
These Sanyo's are a great machine and very well built ,but sadly many have been badly neglected, stored in unsuitable areas and some have also been inside them who really shouldn't have been and made things a lot worse.

Good luck with it and let us know how it goes........................Kevin