View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2018, 3:32 am   #54
19Seventy7
Octode

Default The Secret Story of the BBC Christmas Tapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100 man View Post
It would be very useful to be able to display a test card. Then we can see what issues there are with the picture.

How do you propose to get signals into the TV?

You can use any old VCR as a modulator even if it doesn't work mechanically. You feed the video & audio output from the DVD or freeview into the VCR and it converts it into an RF signal that can be tuned in on the TV.

In the short term, it would be useful to post some screen shots of even just the snowy picture with no signal. If you can get a picture by some means, even better.
I have an Atari 2600 which connects in straight away with a coaxial connector, so thats how i realised it was a wonky image.
I was planning on getting a VCR (as i do want to play some of my old tapes again) or a modulator, which ever is easiest for me right now. I don’t actually own any DVDs, nor a DVD player.
I should be picking up a freeview box, for analogue TVs (or so the seller says) on Sunday so i can see where that takes me.

I can get pictures to you tomorrow as im not actually at home right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John123 View Post
If the picture is actually slanting to one side, then perhaps the scan coils need a little rotating. Given the high voltage and potential live chassis hazard, it might just be easier to find a retired TV repairman or enthusiast in your local area who can tune it up for you (and carry out any necessary repairs).
Oh, i didnt think it would be that bad to sort out (i thought it may have been a somple convergence issue, to be honest, but thats my little knowledge guess..)

I’m happy to get someone to help me too, that wont be an issue. It’s only a slight angle, but still noticable. I’ll ask around and see if there is anyone nearby who can help me, too.