View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2018, 1:04 am   #49
19Seventy7
Octode

Default Re: CRT is brighter to one side [Hitachi CTP213]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100 man View Post
At last! You've finally got a TV! Looks a sensible purchase to me. PIL tube too rather than a delta gun type which means much less setting up to do.

It should be possible to get it working well and displaying a good picture. All you need now is a vintage VCR to go with it!
I’m very glad i’ve got one, after months of convincing and weeks of looking i’ve finally got one!

I do need to figure out which convergence control sorts out the wonky image, however.

Its funny you say about getting a VCR, as I have actually been looking. (I would love a top loading VCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
It is easy to knock PCB presets or other components when dusting so that's probably why it's not the best idea at this stage.

Be especially careful not to knock the little circuit board attached to the end of the tube. If you crack the glass it's game over!

We'd need a schematic diagram to locate the defective capacitor that feeds the RGB output stage. It may be on that small PCB or near the big transformer on the main board.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense, i didnt dust anything apart from the back panel (to improve ventilation) to be safe. I did wonder if it was to do with knocking or displacing anything inside.

Ill have a search online to see if i can find any schematics.

Ill let you know if i find anything.
Thanks