View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2018, 12:59 am   #33
Philips210
Nonode

Default Re: CRT is brighter to one side

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
My 1978 ITT with ultrasonic remote also has this design.
Hi.

That's possibly a CVC32 (22"), CVC30 (26") chassis using the 20AX CRT or the less common CVC25 (22") chassis using the Hitachi CRT. The remote control plugged into the front of the set and could still operate the set with the ultrasonic transducer isolated. There was a 3-way connector in the remote to connect to the TV.

I liked those vertical chassis modular ITT sets. The various modules could be plugged in on the print side of the motherboard so were great sets for servicing. The most common faults I experienced were either the tripler or occasional LOPT failure causing the TDA2640 based power supply to trip. Dry solder joints were common mainly in the line output stage and that burn up on the scan correction board Pressac connector that carries the line scan current. There was also a safety issue with some of the mains switches, not so much about the switch itself, rather the embrittled solder joints. The recommended solution was to solder four mains lead wires to the switch to bypass the print foil connections for a more safe arrangement.

I'd like to find a CVC30 or CVC32 for my collection.

Regards
Symon