View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2017, 6:46 pm   #33
Bonky28
Triode

Default Re: Hacker Sovereign II RP25A Dead on all Wavebands

Ignorant trier here again...

Re:Hacker Sovereign 2. (RP25). I have got rid of the motor-boating. It works fine on FM but not on AM. I have now replaced T1 to T4 on boards 502 and 501 with more authentic ones (AF178s). But still no sound. Most of the electrolytic caps have been replaced.

I have a sig gen and a Vellemann signal tracer (now working properly after early issues). I can get sounds from some components on both boards, I was advised to start at the detector which I think is on board 502 and under the 'can' of L8. I have tried to unsolder this item with no success. Imagining where the diode pins may be on the pcb, I do get a sound from one 'end' and not the other. I don't know if this is correct(?)

I am at a loss to know how to move on. I know I need the discipline to follow the circuit diagram properly and not just stick a probe in at random, but I wondered if anyone could give me some advice...

(I live in Sheffield but periodically visit Golborne and Bath. If any kind soul would like to peruse the 'giblets'I would gladly pay).

I hope it's acceptable to copy this on two other websites (Golborne and HackerGroups).

Yours,

Richard