View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2019, 4:06 pm   #15
Lucien Nunes
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Weird 'thing'...

That's a nice example! I am sure you will have it up and running in no time, as it does look pretty complete. Hopefully it will prove suitable for your application, in which case you might enjoy making a demo video once it's installed and connected up.

TIA

Lucien

OK, I feel like I am letting the side down but I don't recognise it at all. I'm not convinced it's lift-related; I've seen and studied a lot of lift controllers and it doesn't fit the normal mode of construction, which is typically much heavier and slate-panel oriented or, later, industrial metal cabinet style. If it is a floor selector it should have constructional details that will clearly identify it. For example, there will be fine adjustment of the tripping point of each contact and likely two sets of contacts per floor that operate sequentially for levelling and stopping, with separate adjustment for the two directions of approach. There would probably be a collect direction contact chain that is always broken at one contact, unless the shaft is at a floor position in which case it will be broken at two adjacent contacts.

A thorough inspection of the mechanical and electrical details would reveal much about how it is supposed to behave and what external devices it is supposed to interface with, and hence establish some context. 110V DC is interesting because it tends to rule out conventional telephony, but most other fields are still open. We must allow for the possibility that it uses 110V DC because that was the supply available, rather than because devices of that type were conventionally 110V.

I'll take a look at the high-res pics...

Last edited by Lucien Nunes; 25th Aug 2019 at 4:15 pm.