View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2018, 3:49 am   #43
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Re: RF power meter calibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio1950 View Post
Caution these devices have BeO. The Anaren RFP250N50 datasheet is good for practical mounting advice.
When I took a look on-line, the only devices I could find were from Chinese suppliers (I think I searched for 'flange resistor', maybe another term would have been better). There was a 150W made by Anaren, but the datasheet shows it to be aluminium nitride rather than BeO, and also a 250 device, but I couldn't spot the make of that from the picture, but that too is aluminium nitride. Both types were very inexpensive (~£1). I just ordered a few 250W pieces, though wish I played safe and also got some of the Anaren.

I'm planning to put either the thermocouple or the thermistor directly under one of the screws holding down the resistor. Alternatively, I do have a good quality infra red instrument, so I'll be able to experiment. The junk box has offered up a sheet of copper and a heat sink quite similar to the ones you've used.

B