View Single Post
Old 4th May 2023, 9:06 pm   #109
Phil__G
Octode

Default Re: Anyone building a PICL? more PCBs available

Ok the Arduino programmer with the new code embedded is working fine now.
I've programmed a few pics using both the Pickit3 and the Arduino, no probs with either. BTW I said the programmer interface was 9600, its not, the PICL is 9600 but the programmer runs 115200 - my mistook. Mikes Arduino programmer is a really convenient way to program a PICL - all you need is a Nano, a DIP40 socket & 5 wires
Talk to the programmer via the Nano usb using either Teraterm or the Arduino serial monitor, either works equally well (115200/n/8/1 local echo)

The code pre-loaded into the programmer is another update, it has the working CSA instruction so the Sense A/B buttons work, and also the SIO instruction driving what was the console-activity LED and is now SOUT. Serial out can be taken from the pad marked 'IO' (the last header pin next to the crystal). The async ascii serial test shown in the previous SIO/SOUT demo video works fine.

I think Mike has a script to produce these files but I've had to do it by hand so its taken a while to suss out (I'm a bit slow)
I've added the Arduino programmer sketch (which has been preloaded with the PICL code) to the zip file. (right-click, save, keep)
Again this is all interim pending Mikes approval when he's feeling up to it - get well soon Mike!
Cheers
Phil

Last edited by Phil__G; 4th May 2023 at 9:19 pm.