View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2018, 8:05 pm   #7
The Philpott
Dekatron

Default Re: This is worth listening to

As part of building the atmosphere the Ghost in the Machine transmission includes a faint clip of the last transmission of the female Russian cosmonaut who perished on re-entry (of which the Russians subsequently denied the existence of, as 'no humans had yet been into orbit') Also to be heard is a short blip-clip of the fantastic incidental music from the film 'Session 9'- recommended viewing not only for the soundtrack, but for the content.

It's interesting the comparison they make between ears and eyes and the amount of sensory nodes therein; i have always regarded the human eyes as amazing, but the ears and the sinuses as unfinished evolutionary projects! Auditory hallucinations and illusions seem to be more common than visual.

The woman who discovered song in her speech shouldn't be surprised; her speech contains an unusual rise and fall that is frequently going to create these phenomena if she records, loops, and listens back. As regards paredolia and simulcra, as a young kid i sometimes spent lunchtimes in the playing field studying the clouds looking for the constant changes; very relaxing... At least it was, until a face of such precision formed that it really shook me! This really surprised me, yet in hindsight it need not have done since i had spent sufficient time looking at cu-nims and all their brethren that sooner or later a coincidental arrangement would form and my mind would surely fill in any small gaps. (Especially as an 8yr old)

Dave