View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2013, 6:55 pm   #11
G0HZU_JMR
Dekatron

Default Re: Marconi 2022C - Stopped working below 62.5 MHz

I did a basic simulation for a 160MHz circuit with a BFS17 and this came up with these values.

Note that this circuit will only work well up to a couple of hundred MHz because it uses a BFS17 and also because I optimised it to suit this device.

The biasing is reasonably stable over temperature but it will bias slightly harder at higher temperatures. The Pdiss for the BFS17 will be about 120mW so as long as the ambient keeps below 70 or 80degC it should be fine.

I did this very quickly so it might be worth someone else verifying it is OK.

You would ideally need to do it all in SMD but I guess if you are using a BFS17 you would do this anyway. It will be a tight fit to keep it a similar size to the original.

This simulation doesn't include any EM analysis because there is no PCB layout. I can add an EM analysis but it would only be relevant to my layout. However, I don't think it matters much at 160MHz. However, the layout becomes a significant issue up at 500-1000MHz.

Note: It's best to click on the link below to see a detailed image of the simulation as the thumbnail linked image is very blurry due to size restrictions etc.

http://media2.turbosport.co.uk/2013/...7OM345_160.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OM345_160.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	85820  

Last edited by G0HZU_JMR; 7th Nov 2013 at 7:11 pm.