Thread: Philips 970
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2011, 2:34 am   #7
kockica13
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Philips 970

Thank you LIVEWIRE. Nice idea to measure with cord. I didn't notice your answer earlier and had reasembled the unit so next time I'll try that way.
Unfortunately, there is nothing except the numbers 970 and the mark of the brand philips on the unit. Circuit boards have their numbers with no aditional markings (such as motor speed, sound level etc.), and I don't have manual or something similar.
There is mark on the inside of the main body on tuner part but I think it's a part number for main plastic frame. There stands :
PO 1
3122 114 2242 5
And there is mark on the power supply transformator, but I think It's a part number for transformator:
3122 138 35342
WA 965
There has been some kind of small sticker at the back, but it's not there now.
I send some pictures of the belts and tape unit. Few hours ago it was in pieces.
Now I can proudly say that I've repaired the broken part on the tuner and It's realy been worth the trouble of repairing. Tuner receives many stations from Croatia, and some from Hungary, Slovenia and even Austria without any antenna attached. I'm just amateur so I don't have professional knowledge but I figured out by accident that inside of an tuner is some kind of adjustable mechanism for fine tuning of the signal so I managed to adjust a little and get a nice signal strength.
Some time ago I've had fm tuner from Technics SU 22 series ( I still have it but I don't use it anymore) as standalone component and it was receieving fewer stations as this tuner, and that with an outdoor antenna!
Meanwhile as I repaired the tuner of philips 970 the tape mechanism broke down. Well not quite broke down, just the sound wasn't good, so I determined that the rubber wheel that transports the tape (located beside the magnetic head) has lost elasticity.
Now I'm helpless because recently I get rid of old malfunctioning stereo equipment and now I need that rubery wheel (I don't know right terminology)
Does anybody know where could I get that thing. the rubber ring has 12mm in diameter and 7mm inner diameter (its around the plastic inner ring on little steel axle)
P.s. I have checked with my Philips N2229 AV it has the same wheel, and it's in great condition.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Philips 970 belts scale.JPG
Views:	623
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	53583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Philips 970 tape unit.JPG
Views:	1051
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	53584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Philips 970 tape unit 2.JPG
Views:	713